Kwak No Sung is a refined climber from South Korea who climbed Mt. Menthosa with us few years back with a team of four members. Menthosa is approached from Miyar Valley of Lahaul Himalaya in India and Base Camp of this beautiful peak is reached just in one day’s trek from nearby road head, Urgos. We consider this peak challenging and technical where after BC we normally have three more camps to summit the peak. We have organized several expeditions to Mount Menthosa in past but one with Mr. Kwak No Sung was memorable and learning to mention here as our tribute to his team
Menthosa 6440 Meters is the second highest peak in Lahul Himalaya and the highest is Mulkila 6517 m. Peak Menthosa was first climbed in 1970 by a British Service team and then onwards it is known in the climbing fraternity of the world. The Base Camp is in a delightful location set on grass, next to a stream.
The 7 km hike from Urgos to Menthosa Base Camp is a terrific hike: not too difficult, yet steep enough to be a good workout. With outstanding views of the surrounding peaks, all over 4,000 meters, off course the trek gives a lot back to mind. It is sure that in mountains the views only gets prettier as you go higher. The last 1000 meters elevation will be tough to climb but you finally reach the base camp situated at around 4200 meters.
Day 07 to Day 17- Higher Camps and Summit attempt.
Our HAP (High Altitude Porters) will remain with you in Alpine Style Climbing and if it is an Expedition Style Climbing, then our Mountain Guide or Climbing Sherpa (s) will also remain with you.
On the day you reach back to BC after summit, you will find porters waiting for you with our trekking guide.
Here you will find porters waiting for you with our trekking guide.
• Administrative coordination with IMF, State Governments, Wild Life, Police, Army posts, local administration and local bodies
• Airport to airport transportation and hotels from Delhi to Delhi
• IMF briefing and de briefing
• Trekking camps till BC with all equipment and food
• 02 High Altitude Porters
• 01 cook at the BC for whole expedition
• Fresh supplies and weather forecast at regular intervals
• Porters with insurance and entrance fees in forest areas
• Campsite fees as applicable
• LO expenses
• Walkie Talkies
• Satellite phones (We can seek permission to buy a Satellite Phone in India, if allowed then you can use. Carrying Satellite phone from outside of India is strictly prohibited and use is an offence)
• Sightseeing of Agra and Rajasthan or any other place after completion of your expedition.
If cancellation is made before 60 days, full amount will be returned after deduction of applicable taxes and 5% processing charges. If cancellation is made before 45 days, we refund you 50% of your deposit and if the cancellation is made before/during 30 day prior to arrival, the whole payment deposit will forfeit.
No refund, cancellation or compensation will be paid back to the client in case of any reason caused by natural disaster, war, terrorism, weather etc.
Click here to get complete list of gears for your adventure